Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Ignoring the Laundry

I have been watching my laundry pile up for the past several weeks.  I wash a load here and there but can't seem to get it all done.  I'm doing just enough to keep everyone clothed and smelling good, including myself. 

I've always been the type of person who crossed all of the T's and dotted all of the I's. At least I have tried to.  I definitely have the tendency to be a little OCD.  So, the fact that my laundry is piling up is driving me crazy!

Here is the thing, I use the laundry as an example but there are other things I am ignoring right now in order to focus on things that are more important.  I am extremely busy with a full time job, being a wife and mother of four teenagers, and hosting, editing, and promoting my talk show.  As if all of this wasn't enough, I have begun writing a book.  You see, OCD will find it's way into my life one way or another...lol!!:)  I am either doing everything at once or waiting for the next crazy season to come around and it usually doesn't take long.

I am learning how to ride the wave in seasons like this.  There are times (especially women) where we have to let the daily mundane tasks of household chores, errands, cooking, and cleaning take a back seat to our goals and dreams.  Seasons come and go and we need to be strategic as to how we function during those times.  If you're anything like me you will feel challenged when things are a little chaotic but keep the end in view.  Do what is necessary but stay the course toward your goals and dreams.  Don't let the insignificant outweigh the significant.  I think I will tweet that!! Right now I am ignoring the laundry because it's insignificant!

No comments:

Post a Comment