Thursday, May 23, 2013

Wired to Win!!

There are things about myself that puzzle me.  I have some quirky, strange, ticks that I can't explain but am fully aware they exist and have for as long as I can remember.  I'm certain I have a little OCD; Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.  I am extremely meticulous about counter tops being spotless.  It drives me absolutely crazy when people (my family) don't clean the counters properly.  I have been known to scrub and use my nails to dig caked up crud for quite a long time. I still have no idea why this bugs me so much but it does!

Another strange quirk I have is my inability to stay completely still.  If you were to meet my oldest brother you would see that he and I share the same strange behavior of either rocking or shaking our legs while we are standing.  I'm certain I must rock myself in my sleep.  I have the hardest time staying still which inevitably makes it extremely difficult for me to relax.  I always feel like I should be doing something like cleaning or organizing.  Part of my issue is my mind doesn't slow down because I'm always thinking about the next thing that needs to be done or that I want to accomplish.  It's just the way I am wired.

Some things are just programmed into us.  I'm sure there is way more science behind much of it than we want to acknowledge.  Our DNA, ancestry, genes, (whatever you want to call it) have a tremendous, if not full impact on who we are. 

God created all of us in his image and his likeness and how creative is he.  We are all so unique and beautifully made.  Since God is our Father and he is perfect, why would he have created us any other way than to be wired to win?  I look at Jesus, his son and when you look at his life and death, it doesn't appear that his journey would lead to the ultimate win, the ultimate finish line, to be the Savior and to sit at the right hand of his Father and rule and reign over the world.

As parents, we have such a deep, desperate need to raise our children in such a way that they become the very best they can possibly be in life.  We don't set our kids up to fail; we set them up to win.  If we (being completely flawed and imperfect) do everything in our power to provide this for our children, how much more a perfect God for his children.

God has wired each one of us to be winners in this life.  As Jesus journey clearly illustrates, this manifests in various ways.  We must begin to see our journey as a winning one and not one of defeat. Remember, Jesus cried, he hurt, he questioned.  But in the end, he chose the will of his father and the end result was the ultimate reward.

I remain puzzled at my quirks and fully realize it's just the way I am wired.  I remain puzzled that a perfect God would choose such and imperfect me and set me up to win.  It's just the way I am wired.

No comments:

Post a Comment